It’s a downer when you fall. You can scrape your hands and knees, scuff your shoes, ruin your clothes—and far, far worse. In fact, falls are one of the leading causes of on-the-job fatalities.
Slips, trips and falls are also a liability exposure for property owners, who may be sued if someone falls on their property.
In other words, falls are a rich topic for you to mine in your social media marketing! Here’s how you may want to approach it.
Workplace Slips Trips and Falls
- Offer tips for business owners, to help them keep their workers safe. You can approach these posts from many different angles:
- Workers comp issues
- Industry-specific safety tips (great for building relationships with different segments of your clientele)
- Ladder safety
- Policies and procedures to reduce clutter, wet surfaces, and other causes of workplace slips, trips and falls
Home Slips Trips and Falls
Offer tips specially for homeowners, to help them prevent others from falling on their property. You can craft different posts focusing on
- Pool safety
- Safety for guests
- Safety for parties
- Garage safety
- Front yard safety
- Back yard safety
- Stair safety
- Child safety
- Safety for the elderly
…You get the idea.
Other Perspectives on Slips Trips and Falls
- Try sharing humorous posts showing poor safety procedures at work. It’s easy to find content! (A quick search of “safety fail” came up with nearly 400,000 results.)
- Share statistics to make your followers aware of the big problem that is slips trips and falls. (For instance: workers’ comp and medical costs connected with falls in the workplace have been estimated at about $70 billion in the United States annually, according to the National Safety Council.)
- Offer mini case studies focusing on the liability side of slips trips and falls (legal action, settlements, etc.).